I looked and looked and couldn't find what I wanted so I decided to make my own stuff! I made all these really cute punch owls and if you know me while I think punch art is cute, I really don't have the nerves for it most of the time! However with the new Silicone Craft Sheet it really makes it easy to glue all the little pieces together. So after I made all these cute owls I started working on a few desktop accessories . . . like this My Digital Studio 2 Hybrid Project using the calendar tool. It is so easy to use!
Moving into the holiday season I know that I will be looking for more and more quick and simple gifts for my friends. WHOO wouldn't love a cute hand made calendar for their desk?
So a few simple steps:
- Open a new MDS2 project - create your own size. My calendar is 3.5x5
- Select the calendar tool in the designer center - a great video from Stampin' Up! will walk you how to edit your calendar: http://mydigitalstudio.net/video/calendar-effects
- Create your starting month calendar and right click on it to change the size to 1"x1". Then copy and paste the calendar 11 additional times so you have 12 months.
- After you have the 12 calendars roughly place them and click on each individual calendar and change the month in the calendar tool in the design center.
- You can then use the align tool to make sure they are lined up horizontally and vertically.
The Hybrid part of my project:
- Trim your MDS calendar to 3.5 x5, layer it on a 3.625 x 5.125 coordinating piece of cardstock and then again on a 3.75 x 5.25 piece of coordinating cardstock. Take your layered calendar and add layer it on a piece of 4x5.5 that is the same color you will be using for your base in step 2.
- Take a piece of 4.25 x 11 piece of cardstock and score it at 5.5 & 8.25 that is the scores and folds that will make your easel.
- Glue your calendar layer on the bottom 2.75 section of your easel layer.
- Adhere your post-it note pad on the inside about 1/4" from the bottom. That is what will hold up the calendar part. Plus the card will fold up to go in an envelope for gift giving!
<3 Stampin' Lizbess